The Benefits Of Workday
Change is always a little scary, but the good news is that Workday will make your day-to-day HR and Payroll operations easier! Workday will significantly improve HR and Payroll compliance, reduce risk, provide better data for decision making, and increase efficiencies across the institution. It will also enable people across the University to work more efficiently by having consistent, streamlined and modern practices.
Specific benefits include:
- Enables 24/7 access to information over a secure network (which supports the UW’s goal to become an increasingly global campus).
- Provides easy-to-use access for routine personnel items (e.g., earning statements and leave balances) and to make personal information updates (e.g., contact information, direct deposits selections, and W-2 withholdings).
- Gives executives, managers, and administrators’ ready access to current information about their teams (e.g., current job descriptions).
- Simplifies and automates entry of academic personnel to ensure correct track and rank are entered into the system.
- Eliminates the need to build and maintain side and departmental shadow systems.
- Continually introduces new HR and payroll features and capabilities through Workday’s twice-yearly upgrades.
- Works on PCs and Macs.
- Has been successfully implemented, or is being implemented, in other higher educational institutions such as Cornell University, California College of the Arts, Brown University, Carnegie Mellon University, Penn State, Yale University and the University of Rochester.
Features such as the ability to view paycheck detail, integration between Kronos and Workday as well as consistent licensure tracking will help increase productivity and ease of use.
Get ready to streamline your HR/Payroll work!